“Month 5” Raw Wild Honey
- Raw honey from wild bees in the forest of Pa La-U
- This special honey is only harvested once a year in April (“Month 5” in Thai Calendar) –the best time to harvest honey in Thailand
- Packed with nutrients, as it has not been pasteurized or filtered
- This wild honey harvesting is a way of life that has been preserved for generations for the local community. Traditionally, Karen communities in Pa La-U would only harvest honey once a year, but as market demand for honey increased honey, many turned to harvesting multiple times per year, disrupting the natural cycle of wild bees.
- To preserve the biodiversity balance of the forest, the Pen Sook Pa La-U Community Network began working closely with a Karen partner to change their understanding towards wild bees and forest conservation
- Fun fact: they sometimes have to walk for 2 days to get to the right tree!
*Allergy information: Please note that the honey is raw. If you have honey allergies, we do not recommend consuming this honey.
**There may be a small “fizz” sometimes when you open the bottle, as raw wild honey with a lot of pollens can create gas once they are packaged in a tightly sealed bottle. But don’t worry, the honey quality is still superb!
Net weight~485g per bottle
Out of stock
100% pure raw honey
Prachuab Kiri Khan
Store in cool location away from direct sunlight
Our Supply Chain
We work directly with small-scale and family farmers, producers, fisherfolk as well as community partners who are not just suppliers, but our partners in the movement to create a sustainable, equitable and self-sufficient food system in our homeland.